Wayward Prophet > Plaza Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  SiteSite  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some critics...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kuroneko
(Bex's wench)

Some critics... Empty
PostSubject: Some critics...   Some critics... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 12:40 am

I downloaded the demo, and played it. The game is good... But there are some things that i didn`t like.

1)The presentations... Im not saying that you have to them. But they`re kind of slow... and boring. It would be good to make them skippable.
2) I like the graphics, they are cute... But the faces... They don`t appeal too much for me. They really don`t. The art kind of drove me away... I know that maybe it`s too late to change that aspect, but I tought that I should make you know.

Those are the only 2 things that bothered me. Now, I have some questions:
1) The energy bar... I know this question is just too silly, but, ¿What makes it go down? ¿Only running? ¿Or using tools too? Because... If it goes down by using tools... Then it shouldn`t go down by running. Just asking.
2)¿Will there be some heart-counter like in the hand-helds HMs? Oh, and i have a very, very bad memory... so it would help me if you put the name of the character that is talking above the dialogue box. But that`s just my bad memory XD.

Even so, I have to say that I liked the graphics. That chibi gray-haired guy was so cute!The farming system is good, too, I like that I have to confirm before planting a seed. I`ve had so many problems with that in HM XD. It looks like a good game, and I will be waiting for it anxiously. Im sorry if my critics bother you, but I wasn`t trying to be agressive. And, Im not an expert, so im sorry if my feedback isnt useful. Bye, I will be waiting your answer~
Back to top Go down
Sagitar
(the Prophet)
Sagitar

Some critics... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some critics...   Some critics... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 4:10 am

Thanks for the feedback, and welcome to the forum!

Skippable cutscenes are definitely something I'll keep in mind for a future release. I'll try to fix up the face graphics too, although it might be useful to have more specific feedback. What exactly didn't you like about the style?

Your energy will go down running and using tools. I can make it so EN drains slower as you run, I was thinking about that already. And yes, there will be a journal that tracks your relationships with fellow villagers. This should help you keep track of characters' names, too!

Again, thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your feedback and hope you'll come back to play the full game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kuroneko
(Bex's wench)

Some critics... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some critics...   Some critics... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:17 pm

Of course I will be here when the full version is finished! I said it before, i`m quite anxious~ I`m sorry if my english is quite bad... but i`m from Argentina, so my native language is Spanish.
Now, about the faces graphics...
1)The faces don`t have the proportions that they should. If you do a sketch of a head... it just doesn`t fit. And, that means the eyes are... i don`t know how to say it, but... "higher than they should"?
2)The 3/4 angle is not well done. The jaw is out of place, and so are the eyes and nose.
3)The lines of the hair should de thicker...
4)The way it`s coloured. Specially the hair... I just... don`t like it. The shadows aren`t welldone. And so the lights... I didn`t like, neither, that you used textures to paint the clothes... it makes it look WAY too artificial. So I suggest just painting it with a color. And the "folds" in the clothes... well, there aren`t any.
Well, I`m not exactly a superb artist... but i draw and so I have a little of sense of aesthetics. And the EN gauge thing... I think it would be better if you didn`t lose it at all when you run. That`s because the normal speed it`s quite low... And, even though I would love to hacve more bachelors (as far as I know, there are 3), i still will be happy with having Paxel XD.However, this is my opinion. Even if you don`t change this things, i will still follow this game process. Thank you for your patience with my complains XD.
I still encourage you to continue the game! Again, thank you for your time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some critics... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some critics...   Some critics... Empty

Back to top Go down

Some critics...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wayward Prophet > Plaza Forum :: Projects :: World's Dawn-
Jump to: